Dr Del Naidoo is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa Practitioner Psychologist (HPCSA) as a psychologist. He completed his doctoral training in Counselling Psychology at City, University of London in the United Kingdom.
He has worked with people who, having experienced a wide range of personal difficulties, have sought support from Del. Past roles have seen him work in South Africa, the UK and other European countries in the corporate sector, the National Health Service (NHS), NGO’s, higher education and independent practice. His work has included working with individuals, couples and families across various cultural backgrounds, ages and abilities including children, adolescents, and adults.
Del’s experience has seen him work across various settings with the following:
- stress, anxiety or depression
- relationship difficulties
- adjustment and major life-change issues
- motivational problems
- self-esteem difficulties
- race or identity issues
- bereavement issues
- substance misuse and addictions difficulties
- sex or sexuality difficulties
- career or vocational changes including redundancy and retirement
- middle-aged and later-life transitions
- men’s health issues
- parental and familial separations
- relationship breakdown or divorce adjustment
- step-families or blended families
- children and adolescents’ adjustment or behavioural difficulties
- difficulties related to fostering or adoption
Ongoing professional development ensures that Del remains updated with developments within the fields relevant for his therapeutic work. Of current particular interest to him is evidence-based work such as Mindfulness practice to promote general health, well-being and reduce anxiety; working with client trauma and supporting healthcare professionals in their work within the helping professions.
In addition to training within the psychology field Del has a business background and has worked within the private sector in the telecoms, risk and finance industries. His business and information/communication technology qualifications give him insight into the corporate world and bolsters his experience of working within the public sector and voluntary both within statutory and non-statutory environments.